Monday, November 29, 2021

Healthy Bodies/Nutrition Unit

 We started our healthy bodies unit.
We will talk not only about food and nutrition,
but feelings and exercise as well.

As always, we start with a letter.
My students love opening letters!
I don't have the exact word cards that go with the letter, so I got these from HERE. 

New pointers all about food. Read about some of the pointers HERE.

how it starts:


So after I read the letter, I put the cards in our writing center.
I have several choices for writing papers.


Here is our play dough bin.
Working on fine motor. 


The wooden skewers were from Target.
The wok and food are from Learning Resources.


Cupcake game with letters and beginning sounds.


Make a sandwich
I am working on finding the cards.


Yeti in my Spaghetti






They can spell their classmates names.










I call these M&M letters.




Very sparse shelves.
We will add Thanksgiving books with these:






We sorted the cards (in the blue bin)
baby, child, and adult during our science lesson.
Then I place it in the science center.
On the purple board, I hang word cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment