Monday, July 1, 2024

Polar Letters

To begin our polar unit I read 
a letter. Kids love getting letters.
This gets them excited about learning,
and that's a win for me!

All of my letters begin with an overview letter.
That can be all, sometimes there are more letters
to go with units, sometimes there is only one.

In this unit, there is an overview letter that gets delivered with word cards then 
each day we get a different letter from different animals from the Arctic.

My students really loved getting a passport with stickers when we did our
Holidays Around the World unit, so I added "stickers" that the
children can glue them on our ice scene.




Each day a new letter with an animal.


When I close up the letters, I want to keep track of
which animal is which.
So sometimes I write in cursive.






This cool printable and all the letters are... did you guess on my broken computer?
Well you'd be correct!! 
I did a rough cut for my class but older kids could do a super quick 
job of cutting around the animals.



Check out all of my in action ideas HERE.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment