Monday, July 29, 2024

Apple Week

We picked out of this apple and we retold the Very Hungry Caterpillar story.


This week we used this sheet as our guide.  I used a smelly green apple marker and the kids traced to make the letters. 

I used this one from HERE:


We worked on this sheet during small groups. Some groups didn't complete the sheet, and some did.
One of my smartie-frogs said that they should color the letter the color on the apple- BRILLIANT!
I love that idea and hope to remember that the next time!

At the end, I gave them a smiley face in green apple smelly marker. The children put their papers in their folders.

At the end of our week, we got out our 3 crayons to match the apple colors: red/green/yellow and made a graph of our favorite color apples based on the apple that each child brought.


Here is our apple-pie making station:


There are little cards on a ring for the kids to make different recipes.

This also tells me, I need more pom poms lol this was one bag each of red, green, and yellow from Discount School Supply.   I used small mini-pie plates.



Here is a magnetic apple board.




These were only some of the ideas we had this week.  I will see what else I can find :)




No comments:

Post a Comment