Monday, May 18, 2020

We're Going to the Zoo!

This week and next week, the 4K frogs are going to the zoo!


I started with reading a letter.
They are always a brief introduction or overview 
of the upcoming unit.

In the zoo letters set, the first day intros different kinds of animals
they might see on the trip through the zoo.

Day 2: I read a letter for a specific animal.  That day we read books about the specific animal and do a directed drawing of that animal.
Those directed drawings get put in our art center.


There are over 20 letters in the set, so you can pick and choose
exactly which animals you wish to teach your children about.

I try to pick letters that I can find directed drawings 
to go with them.




At the end of the packet, I give some ideas as well about what 
we do with our zoo animals. 

Here is more about the letters: part 1 and part 2.


Here are some more zoo ideas that I have done in the past.


Here are the books I started with:
I begin with "I Went to the Zoo" 
followed by the student reader, if needed.  
The students get to color the story.
Finally I end the unit with the book
"We Went to the Zoo"
this one is the best of all, because 
the kids star in the book!

I will get these uploaded ASAP.



Read more about our classbooks here
.

No comments:

Post a Comment