Friday, September 11, 2020

Sept week 2

 Morning Bins week two

Here is how I store our morning bins:

They pull the drawers out and spread out around the room.

I have their names on frog name cards From the Pond.

I attached velcro to the backs and on my drawers.

I move the names down to the next set of drawers. 

Each set of 3 drawers houses the same set of manipulatives.


I added cards to the teddy bears.



Cards here too.




Frogs on a log and cards
(these might be my favorite, I have to borrow
the bears, but not these frogs lol)




Plastic chains and cards



Snap cubes and cards



Here are some more Pip books of course!


My co-teacher taught half the group about the Dot Cube.
I taught mini counters. 
Then we swapped kids and taught the lesson again.
Then we brought out the game boards.

We followed the mini counter book with ideas to use them:

We  made numbers:

shapes

patterns

Here are our game boards:
we rolled our dot cubes
I used foam cubes and used only 1-3 dots (called Pips1)

Roll the dot cube and add that many mini counters
when they filled their card, then they rolled again and 
removed the mini counters to the container.


Remember last week we practiced our scissor skills?
We decorated our people collages while using the 
Glue sponges too. Plus there's a Pip book for that too!

We read Pip: Dough Fun and played with play dough and tools.
We learned how to open it and close them too!

After we read and practice a Pip book, the kids get to be Pip Certified.

I hang these signs all over!

so in the pretend area, 
when they child has demonstrated
mastery of the area,
they choose a color of dry erase marker and 
I write their name.

The kids are so proud of their learning.





We ended our week with Green and Red Choices
from Pocket of Preschool

We will continue to practice these
next week.

We literally had a child do every single red choice 
in after care... 

I will read Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
if we continue to have rough days.

"Today was rough, 
but tomorrow will be better."

No comments:

Post a Comment