Monday, November 2, 2020

Kicking off Sports Unit

Some of my books arrived- 

I reserve up to 50 books from my

local library for each theme.


Apparently I made too many centers again lol
I put the extra bins on the floor so
the children can see into them :)

I only teach in the morning. 
My room is used the rest of the day, 
so I can't leave them around the classroom.

I think these are all from Pocket of Preschool

Basketball Numbers

Match the basketball numerals, to the ten frames, to the fingers




Baseball: letter mitts, letter bats and baseball sound pictures.

Football counting
pick a card in the goal post
write it on the score board
put football erasers on the football
Find it on the bottom

Patterning with mini erasers.


Hockey Pucks
in their name or not
holes/ no holes
capital/lowercase



Race to 10


Golf tracing lines
yes those are make-up sponges!

pom pom letters
I added Wiki Sticks


Tennis Ball measuring


Name pennants


Bowling Subtraction
(I didn't have the pins folded yet)
Pick a number bowling pin and knock down that many pins.
I may make X's so they know 
how many to put down.

This Shape Catch game
I have three different colored game pieces.
Kids pick a card and put it on that shape.


Pick a soccer ball letter
write that letter
make that letter with pom-poms.


I have fun special papers too in the writing center.

I will snap a photo of our writing center when it's all sent up.



To start each unit, I always use a letter.


It tells what the unit is about.

I hold up word cards that go with the unit.

Those word cards go into the writing center.

The letter goes in the binder of letters,

so the kids can read after snack :)


Read more about those letters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment