Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ice Cream Week 2

Sunday~ using that same sensory bin- I added pom pons.

Monday~ Poem to use with felt.
We have ice cream, the best in town, let us begin with chocolate-brown.
Now let us scoop up some bubblegum pink, it’s sweet and yummy, the best some think!
Here is ice cream minty and green, it’s the creamiest I’ve ever seen!
Yellow ice cream is lemony and tart, we like its taste from the very start.
Scoops of blueberry would make my day, look at all this ice cream, hip hip hooray!
Red ice cream is a strawberry delight, all these scoops are a heavenly sight.
Vanilla white is a popular flavor, it tastes very good to an ice cream craver.
Purple ice cream really gives me a kick, good and yummy till the very last lick.

Ice cream, ice cream, what a cool sensation, we love ice cream in any combination!

So you place each "flavor" on the cone as you say/read the poem.
 You could also use this poem.






Tuesday~ Fine motor using tongs and pom pons again. His tongs came from his grill. I just grab them and put them back when we're done.

Wednesday~ Use your felt cones again- either the ones from last week or the ones from the poem.

Thursday~
You could use a stamp pad if you had them.  I would use whatever color your child(ren) chose.





Friday~ bring out different colored pom pons and ice cream dishes to sort.

Saturday~
For the sensory bin with pom pons, I will add my letters.  I got them at the Dollar Tree I think.




Next Week: America the Beautiful


Shopping List:
T-shirt
Red and blue fabric paint
Elmer’s Glue
Liquid Starch
Food coloring
Rice- red, white, blue (use your watermelon rice)
Red, white, blue toys to fit in sensory bin
Cake mix and frosting
Cupcake liners
Red,white, and blue paint
Fork
White construction paper or cardstock
Watermelon

Blueberries
red and white streamers


No comments:

Post a Comment