Monday, August 2, 2021

Classroom Tour: Centers

Center Time!



I share my classroom, so I store my centers in that 9 cube shelf. 
I may have 3 extra centers on top.

In the photo at the end of the post, you can see
one unit that was totally out of control lol
So many centers to choose from! 
I like to have options, so I give my students options too!

I usually have math, writing, letters, fine motor, science, ELA, 
sensory, art, dramatic play, blocks, light table,
pocket chart, and interactive board.

No, I do not have all of those going at the beginning of the year.

We introduce our centers basically one at a time.  
We read a Pip the Pup book about that area.
Then we practice that center.
Click HERE to read all about Pip and our first week of school.

For our ROOM CENTERS

These centers don't move :)

We have our:

blocks
writing 
dramatic play
science
library loft
light table is under our loft (it's darker)





I try to have something to add to the room centers for each theme.
So in the beginning, I use THESE posters to spark their interest.  

Before I put our binder in the center with design pages inside,
I think when they have built one of these structures, 
I will put their name on a Post-it Note.



The cube shelf centers stay on one side of the room.

When they are done with the center bin, they return it to the shelf.


Sometimes I add wooden toys to our block area.


If you want to see what was in this photo, hop over HERE.


Hop along with us as we discover all the centers in our room.

Classroom tour part 1



No comments:

Post a Comment