Monday, August 30, 2021

Classroom Tour: Math and morning bins


This is where my math manipulatives are stored. There is one sensory bin over here too. 

The other one is on a different wall.  


Most of the math manipulatives that I use for centers are in those 9 cube shelves.

The kids use them before class or in the afternoons or if we have indoor recess.

This is where I grab my morning bins for the first month.


Morning Bins read about those HERE.


At the beginning of the year, we start off super easy.

Check HERE for our first week morning bins.

I checked around my room- then go from there.


So my advice to you for starting morning bins is to see what you have on hand FIRST!!!

Puzzles

MagnaTiles

all those toys from Target that you buy for FOMO

or wait, is that only me???? ekkkk



I needed 5 different items.

*Color bears (I don't own these lol everyone has them, but me lol)

*chain links

*frogs lol (you have bears, I have frogs) 

*pattern blocks

*Unifix cubes

Super simple and easy prep for you and perfect for the first week of school.

I love when I only have 4 rotations, then I can change them on Fridays.

 I have prep on Fridays. So I like to be able to swap out then, 

not rushing to do it after school or before school. 

Then I wouldn't remember when I changed it.

Eventually, I put on a cute paper clip on one of the name cards, 

so I knew which rotation I was on. 


In week two I add cards to the drawers.

so the first week we just play, I mean explore.

Kids need to do this, it is very essential.

I got printables for each drawer.

So I just added some pattern block templates to each drawer.

I added link printables to the drawer.

I have logs and printables for my frogs

printables for teddy bears

printables for Unifx cubes.


This is what goes into our centers too. Especially when they don't get to explore in the mornings.

It depends on how long it takes them to gather their star and folder and check-in and then write their names to get to their morning bins. 

They know the expectations already with those tools, so it's just extra practice.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment