Friday, August 5, 2016

Olympics











Binder-


Metal Count-

I am not doing very many printables this week.  Froglet isn't interested in them at all, which is perfectly fine!!

We will be counting daily metals using this printable:



Older children could choose their own country and record their findings.  I was also thinking of adding actual circles punched out of gold, silver, and bronze paper, but we aren't learning those higher numbers yet.  I don't think it would be necessary to count daily.




Colors- Gold/Silver/Bronze

Shape- Circle





Number Review




Name Practice- Clothes pins




Monday-

Story- Color the Ring- in the Tot Pack 



Art~ Handprint









Math/Life Skills/Science




Olympic Puzzles- you could just match








Snack- Bagel Bites I am thinking mini bagels.

Spread with red, blue, yellow, green tinted cream cheese

Tuesday-



Music- Olympic Song

It's not that exciting to look at so I plan to just dance and march along.





Math/Life Skills/Science- Matching Cards




Snack- Sugar Cookies with M&M

Frost a sugar cookie and add M&M's 

Thursday-











Music-  Today we are going to listen to the Olympics song again. Today we can walk with a flag of our country or ribbon wands.

Math/Life Skills/Science
I plan to use color dots or cut out circles on my dry erase dice to match the Olympic rings colors.

To play, roll the cube and using a tongs add that color pom-pom to that colored ring.  Ex. If you roll  black. Use your tons to pick up a black pom-pom and place it on the black ring.

Roll Match- use tongs for an added life skill.






Snack-

I really didn't find all that many "healthy" snacks which I was a little bummed.  I guess we will do an ice cream cone filled with cheese popcorn. So it sort of looks like a torch.


We are going to set up a mini obstacle course. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram

Here are some posts to get you inspired:
Backyard 

Pool Noodle Toss  

Summer Games

Olympic

Toddler


Shopping List:
Paint- red, green, yellow, black, blue
Pom-poms- red, green, yellow, black, blue
Mini Bagel Bites
Cream Cheese
Food Coloring (I am NOT using black lol)
Sugar Cookies
Frosting (I am using white)
M&M's
Clothes Pins
Tongue depressor 
Ice Cream Cones
Cheese Popcorn

I am NOT including anything that you need for your obstacle course!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment