Friday, April 1, 2016

P is for Pets




So before we begin school, we have free play. During this time, I clean up breakfast and gather needed things for the day.  I try to leave out different toys.    If I have puzzles for a certain unit, I don't put out the ones I will use different ones.

So this week, I have 2 pets puzzles already planned for math.  I will put out different ones like Melissa & Doug skills one.




I also have this toy set, that I didn't  plan on using, so one morning, I will leave it out as in invitation to play.






I have a ton of pet books I will offer two choices for the day and froglet will choose.






Monday-






Alphabet~























Finger play Dogs Colorful Day

Here is the story to tell you what colors and why:




Theme for our binder.













Music-    How Much is the Doggy in the Window?



Math/Life Skills/Science

Pet  Dramatic  Play




Time to round up different stuffed animals:

cats
dogs
fish
guinea pig
bunnies
birds
turtle


I  better start searching more lol these are the only stuffed pets I can find lol



Snack-  Puppy Chow




Tuesday-
Story-The Pets



Turtle FB








Fingerplay~ Kittens and Mittens









Art-  Turtle Bowl

I will do a combination of these two turtles.  I am going to use a bowl and then tissue paper and lodge podge/white glue.







Math/Life Skills/Science-   My First Pets








Snack- Cheezits

Thursday-




Fingerplays-   Pet Song Lyric








Art- Guinea Pig Coloring page 




Math/Life Skills/Science







Snack-    Carrots and Dip





Friday-



So this is a 1:1 matching game.
Print the cards and game board.
Laminate for durability.
Stack playing cards.
Turn over.






Fingerplays- 3 Blind Mice  flannel board





Art- fish art








Math/Life Skills/Science


Snack-  Colorful Goldfish Crackers

Shopping List:

felt- white
pom poms
puppy chow- chex, pb, powdered sugar, butter, chocolate 
Cheezits
Carrots & Dip
Colored Goldfish
foil
Sharpies
paper bowl
green tissue paper
glue or modge podge
green construction paper



No comments:

Post a Comment