Friday, June 10, 2016

I is for Ice Cream













Alphabet-















Shape-   I am going to write the words around the shape.





Numeral Poem-



Name Practice- I am going to print this out from A Dab of Glue. Then write the letters of Froglet's name on each scoop. On a rather long paper, I am going to trace the scoops on the paper and Froglet  will match his scoops to the outline.  I will use that blue sticky tac to attach. 


Monday-

Story- Ice Cream 

or I Like to Eat Ice Cream





Poem Ice Cream,Ice Cream

Music: I am just going to play this in the background while we play with the ice cream store.





Math/Life Skills/Science-
Ice Cream Shop
I have this store and for this unit, I turn it into an Ice Cream Shop!!!!
So I put this up during nap time otherwise nothing would get done lol

There are labels in the inside as well as the outside.


 

 
 

I was so discouraged last year that Froglet wasn't playing with this.  I spent tons of time and energy... then it dawned on me... I never showed him what to do!!!!  After that, he loved it!!!






Snack- Ice Cream Sundaes

I was thinking waffle bowl and many toppings!!!

Tuesday
Story- Ice Cream (felt board or magnetic)













Math/Life Skills/Science- Ice Cream in a bag





Snack- Eat above made ice cream 

Thursday-
Story  Ice Cream Cones 






Finger play- Do You Know the Ice Cream Man





Art- Puffy Paint with cardboard cone 
Here is the concept for the cone, but I plan to use brown paper or brown cardboard and paint with a fork.  The ice cream part we are going to use the glue, shaving cream, and coloring. (Mix together until puffy consistency)





Math/Life Skills/Science Scoop Roll

Using my sorting tray (maybe) or just fill a container.  I was thinking of using the ice cream box in the photo to put/hold the pom-poms.  Roll the number cube and add that number of scoops (pom-poms) to your ice cream dish.  Have older kids? I have these dice, you could write the number words on or tally marks or even adding or subtracting problems where the answers would be 1-6.  You could even do multiplying or dividing too!



Here are the dice that I got at a garage sale:



                                 



Snack- Ice Cream Cupcake Cones




Shopping List:
brown paper or cardboard
brown paint
glue
shaving cream
food coloring
Ice Cream Store- gather ice cream items from your play food
Ice Cream
Waffle Bowls
Whipped Cream
Hot Fudge
Caramel
Sprinkles
Sugar
Half and Half or milk
Vanilla
Rock Salt (they do carry it at WalMart)
Zip-loc bag- 1 big, one small
Ice Cubes
Ice Cream cones- Cake ones (flat bottoms- I might see if they colorful ones!)
Cake Mix and ingredients needed to make
Frosting (homemade or store bought)
Frosting in a container
Powdered Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment