Friday, April 28, 2017

Jr Entomologist in Kinderpond



Learning Board

Letter N


Color  Brown


Shape- Pentagon 


Numeral- 5


Name Practice- Bee-frames



Monday-

Story-



Poem Ants Go Marching




Art~ Flyswatter Art
I might use a ladybug flyswatter from the Dollar Tree 

I am guessing this is going to be an outside activity so it will depend on the weather!







Math/Life Skills/Science  Ants in the Pants game


Theme: Pick Up Bugs

Use tongs, tweezers ect. For added fun, get a timer. I think they sell those sand timers at Dollar Tree.







Snack- Ants on a Log
celery, PB, and mini chocolate chips or raisins.


Tuesday-
Story-






Fingerplay Ladybug Ladybug file folder






Art- Dragonfly 
I think I will just cut a long body out if I can't find an egg carton.




Math/Life Skills/Science- Insect Sort

Place plastic bugs in a bin along with random other shaped toys. Like don't get bugs and little people animals.  In my bug jar there are insects (3 body parts) and then spiders and caterpillar.  The three part insects would be insects and the spiders and caterpillars are not insects.


I left a link for a printable page to sort insects and not insect, but I might just write one :)

Theme- Ladybug Clothes Pins*

There is a little bit of prep required for this activity.

I think I will just glue small red pom-poms on small clothes pins.
Maybe, I will just use red clothes pins lol the more I think about it, I will probably just draw them on a red clip!





Snack- Butterfly Crackers

So I had these planned before and my husband went shopping- didn't bring me the crackers. Even asked a clerk and told him they must be crackers shaped like butterflies lol 

Thursday-





Fingerplays- Beehive






Math/Life Skills/Science Bugs in a Jar


Theme-Spin the Color or Bug



Snack- Honeycomb cereal 
(no link for these cuties!)



Friday-




Fingerplays- 5 Little Bugs (broken link)













Math/Life Skills/Science Puzzles


Theme- Cootie


Snack-Bugs on a log


Shopping List:
Celery
Peanut Butter or other spread
Mini Chocolate Chips or raisins
Butterfly Crackers
Cheese
Honeycomb Cereal
Pretzel Rods


File Folder
Flyswatter
Paint
Plastic Bugs
Tongue Depressors/Craft Sticks
Mini Clothes pins
Red Pom-poms* optional
Tissue Paper- grabbed mine at Dollar Tree

Games:
Insects Puzzles
Ants in the Pants
Cootie




Past insect units:
2014 Week 1
2014 Week 2    

Insects 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment